We know how important your eyesight is and here at Aldreds we aim to give you the highest quality of service in our field.
Being a family run business we can go that extra mile for you in all aspects of our eyecare.
Do I Qualify For A Free Eye Test
You qualify for a free NHS funded sight test if you are:
- aged under 16, or aged under 19 and in full-time education
- aged 60 or over
- registered blind or partially sighted
- diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- aged 40 or over and you are the parent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person diagnosed with glaucoma, or you have been advised by an ophthalmologist that you
are at risk of glaucoma
- eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher
- a prisoner on leave from prison
You are also entitled to a free NHS sight test if:
- you receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (not contribution based)
- you receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- you receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- you are awarded Universal Credit
- you are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- you are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
If you do not enter into any of the above categories an eye test will cost you £30.